Friday 30 March 2012

When Precious Memories Are Taken Away From You

I have become overwhelmed with the people I love or have loved and they love me,but I hate that I do not remember them and embarrassed to say anything. 


I still know that I have feelings, but there are people, who are very important to me and I can't even remember how I am connected to them. I am on the care home computer using the internet to  trace memories of my life with my husband. 


I am in respite and looking for a home with my husband, but want it close to my 'sister' Mel, who is very important to me, and  I love so much-I love my husband, as a wife should love  her husband. However, Mel is a 'sister',as if, she was my own flesh and blood. My memories of her are like a collage of  photos blended together of where we have been there and saved  each other from very bad situations. I know if I were to lose her that it  would be like losing a member of my own familyhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/46328409@N02/6764222019/in/photostream. Here she is with Dolly prior  to  her death. She kept Dolly alive-I do not know how she did it, but she kept her alive for me till I got there to take her in arms and hold onto her, until she left this world to go to the next. Mel shared a special moment with Brian and I , which makes her very special to us, and  I would be lost without her. She can't imagine how much she means to the both of us. She means the world to the both of us, and  I have asked Dad to write to her, as she is the keeper of the remnants of our lives and without her-the loss of the rest of my memories. 


She literally is trusted with our lives and my life in particular with memories that are in tatters, and the internet, her and Brian and are the only things, along with the journals  that I write that keep my memories alive. 


Brian, my husband and Naomi, one of the carers have told me that I have memory lapses. In other words, some memories just do not stick too long without me writing them down. I remember things that I enjoy. However, besides my flesh and blood family and my daughter, Alicia-Mel is just about the only person,alongside Brian that is solid and is fresh in my mind. 


This blogger is dedicated to Miss Melanie Jayne Smith. A Sister in every sense of the world and the keeper of the threads of my  life that was not destroyed or stolen. Somebody, who is near and dear to my heart, and love eternally. 


This blog will be dedicated to Mel and my husband. All entries in WHEN THINGS GO BAD...to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment